Tempura which used to be a Portuguese interpretation of fried food is a very popular appertizer in Japanese cuisine. It is very easy to make and can be with different proteins, seafood, vegetable and tofu.
1. Mix the flour with water
2. put the ingredients in the batter
3. Fry the ingredients with oil
- 1/2 cup ice cold club soda or water
- 1 cup rice flour (Different cooker may use different flour. For me, I used 1/2 cup corn flour and 1/2 all-purpose flour)
- Shrimp, crabmeat, carrot (this is really nice)
Feel free to adjust the ingredient, mushroom is also very recommended.
Taste (bad1-excellent 5): 4
Time: 40mins (depends on how many kinds of food you like to cook)
Skill (easy 1- hard 5): 3
Healthy (unhealthy 1-healthy 5): 2.5
Spicy (no-spicy 1 -very spicy 5): 0